Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This is My Life Now!

I'll be honest . . . we have an infestation . . . a toy infestation and I cannot get it under control! What's that you say, "quit buying them toys then??" If only were so easy! Since Christmas I have made it a point to comment on our sheer volume of toys and I have tried to talk about little boys and girls who don't have any toys, etc. I am usually met by a deaf ear or whines that sound something like "BUT I NEED 16 TRUCKS! I NEED THEM!" I've very covertly been tossing out Happy Meal Toys and other junk pieces but we are still overrun.

Recently, with all the bad weather and countless days indoors, I had had enough! My living room looked like (I'm being so brave showing you these pictures!! You may actually think I have a real infestation!) this:





I put my foot down and demanded that Mason pick one toy he didn't play with anymore to give to someone else and if he couldn't do that in five minutes then I would pick it out for him. And then I hear . . . "okay, mommy!" I give myself a smug grin and congratulate myself on my parenting skills and how thoughtful Mason is being until he hands me the toy he picked out (like on CSI I've included some other objects for size reference) . . .

Apparently I should have been more specific as to the size of the toy he needed to give away!! He only chose this dinsosaur because he had been chewing on it. This in no way endangers our dinosaur population as we still have approximately 40 of the extinct creatures. Anyway, this little dinosaur hit the trash instead of Goodwill . . . but I guess you have to start somewhere!
On a side note, are these not the two cutest little dishwashers you have seen??? Who needs girls I've got great helpers!







2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thats what my house looks like at time. With all this rain, it seems to stay looking like that. They can make the mess in like 5 minutes, but it can take them an hour or more to clean it up.
That is a cute picture of your boys helping you.

Kelly Cobb said...

Mindy, that's what all houses look like with kids living there! Natalie can completely destroy a room in 5 minutes. There will be dolls, strollers, blankets, purses, etc. So it's not just a boy thing either! When you figure out the solution let me know. Oh and I still love that he brought you the teeny tiny dinasaur, smart boy ;)