Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mickey the Mouse and Much More!

Fun times in the Brown household lately!! I am about to put my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee on the market, if anyone would like to buy it! On Wednesday, Conner and I were vacumning it out while I was simultaneously talking to my sister-in-law, Erica, on the phone . . . then came my OMG moment --- there was a mouse on top of the light fixture in the garage starring at me!! So I calmly tell Erica that if I begin to scream that it's because a mouse just fell on my head! But seriously - how does a mouse climb a straight, smooth wall and then walk upside down on the ceiling to get to a light fixture??? There is no way he could have jumped from anywhere! Conner & I go on about our business and then its snack time so we go inside . . . I left my car doors open because I knew we'd be coming right back and then I FREAK OUT and sprint back outside to close my doors . . . I'm reminded of a story my friend, Kandy, who is a preschool director at a school in Houston, told me . . . a man came to pick up his kids from school and then ran into her office claiming a rat had jumped off the curve and into his car and could she please get it out! That's right - a male police officer asked her to get a rat out of his car! Long story short, it was concluded that the rat came from his car and it jumped out of his car not in. I just couldn't risk pulling up to school and a mouse jumping out of my car in the pickup line!! That would detract major points with the PTA I'm sure!



Mickey in the top corner of our light


That night Mickey the Mouse was in the light fixture just hanging out. Being the good PETA person I am I tried to fry him by turning on the lights but that didn't work because he's still up there somewhere! So any ideas on how to get a mouse out of light fixture???




first haircut

My sweet little Conner was being mistaken for a girl way too many times lately so it was finally time for the dreaded first haircut! Right before your eyes your baby drifts away and emerges a little boy - it's horrible! I wasn't really looking forward to the experience for that reason and also because Conner never ever sits still and I could just imagine the work I was going to have on my hands! Mason got his hair done first and set a perfect example for Conner and surprise, when it was Conner's turn he sat still and ate his Dum-Dum and was just the best baby anyone could ask for! My mother is so mad at me for cutting his hair but I think he looks absolutely adorable!!

Mason showing Conner how it's done!

Sweet Conner being such a big boy!

The boys showing off their new haircuts!

old lady moment
Had to take Mason to the dentist Friday and my cousin, Mollie, came over to babysit Conner. I feel especially old when Mollie comes over because I used to rock her to sleep!! Its really bad when your former "charges" are now old enough to watch your kids!! Then I complimented her fabulous gold sandals and asked where she got them and she responded that her mom got them at some "mom store" like Ann Taylor Loft!! Until that moment I had been thinking I was looking super cute in my green Ann Taylor Loft skirt . . . but suddenly I just felt old!


Ashly & Baby Sam
Robin, Kelly, Melody, and Ashly came over today for a light lunch before Ashly has little baby Sam in a few weeks! We all went to high school together and had a great time catching up and watching our kids play! It's always fun to have lunch with the girls!

Me, Ashly, Robin, Nora Jo, & Kelly


randoms

Anytime Fitness in Stonewall (btw the owners are WONDERFUL) are hosting/sponsoring the first annual Stonewall Long Haul 5K Health Walk/Run on Saturday, October 24, 2009! Yes, I'll be entering so if anything you should come watch that! All proceeds go to the Alzheimers Association. You can call the gym or get the information here! Hope to see you there!


We've got our tickets for the Imagination Movers at the Strand on Saturday, October 10, do you? Parents of preschoolers your kids will thank you!! Mason is so excited that he asks us everyday when the Movers will be here! Call the Strand or go to their website or Disney's for more information!

BTW, Mason's class will not being showing Barack's speech on Tuesday so yes to all of you inquiring minds he will be at school!

mindy

4 comments:

Kelly Cobb said...

I had fun at the girls lunch! Your blog is so cute, don't know how you have time for it though!

Lindsey said...

Glad to see you on blogger Mindy!

Jennifer Brummett said...

I love your blogs. I hope to read more of them as time permits. I love the mickey mouse story. I don't know how those darn things get in there, but it's good to know. There has been evidence of those on my garage opener (the motor that pulls the door up and down). All I can say is gross. Thanks for making me laugh. And I sure hope you have DSL with all this blogging you are doing.

Anonymous said...

Another MOUSE story! Gotta love it! I happy to say No mouse has been spotted this year..so health department bring it on!!! Love, Kandy