Friday, April 1, 2011

Tender Heart

My dear beloved Mason has such a sweet tender heart for God and we spend many a night lying in bed discussing deep spiritual matters of the heart . . . the Trinity, baptism, why Adam sinned, etc. And every night Ryan or I, depending on who puts him to bed, leads him in a prayer.

He is so tender and introverted that he will not say his prayer out loud but he tells me his requests and I pray them for him.  I have been trying to teach him to "say them in his head," but that confuses him just a little.  However, the past few nights he has told me that he prayed to God real quiet during my prayer and last night I even got in trouble for distracting him during his time with God.

Tonight both boys were attempting to sleep together and I stood by the door listening to the late night whispers and Mason could be overheard telling Conner that they needed to hug and kiss good-night and he told his little brother that he loved him and then he told Conner that they needed to pray!  In my anxiousness to see how the slumber party would go I had forgotten but Mason had not.  Without prompting Conner said "God is good, God is great. Amen" and then Mason uttered up the sweetest prayer "Dear God, help take care of us, and please heal our ant bites. Amen." OH MAKE MY HEART MELT! First prayer I had ever heard him say out loud and he was leading his little brother in a prayer session - what a little man of God!

Don't dare tell Mason I'm sharing this because really I am only writing it here so that I'll never forget!

Later on when I went to get Conner to put him in his bed (Mason only gives him three chances to "not talk, not wiggle, and go to sleep" and after that he's out) Mason was very proud to mention all of this to me! Can't wait to see what the future holds for those little guys!

Matthew 19:14 (New International Version, ©2011)
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

2 comments:

The Doyals said...

ANGELS!!! Bailey has started saying her own prayers at night too instead of our regular Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. It makes my heart melt too! You're such an awesome mommy!

Lindsey said...

Hey Mindy! I am sorry I am just now getting back to you about the Learning Center. The only e-mail address I have for you is at your old office. I would LOVE you help! Anything you want to do would be great. Please e-mail me if you have a chance!