Friday, December 2, 2011

Black Friday 2011

I am one of those crazy Black Friday shoppers who leaves her house in the wee hours of the night/morning and waits in line to get the Doorbusters!! I LOVE it!!  Its like a game and I find it to be great fun!

I met up with some of my best gal pals, Elise and Holly, at Wal-mart at 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving night.  I actually got there first and had to park at another store and run into Wal-mart by myself.  It was one of those moments that I knew my mom would die if she saw me - running alone at night through two parking lots and a field!  I love the bobbing and weaving and carrying toys on my head that entails Black Friday.

I guess because stores opened earlier (later?) this year it increased the crowds because it was like nothing I had ever seen before and I have been BF shopping for 7 years.  Thankfully I got lots of good deals and it was so worth the lack of sleep - not only for the deals but for some quality time with my girls!

I did learn one lesson though - one should always wear a Christian T-shirt when BF shopping because it holds you accountable!  I was wearing my WOGGLE Christmas T and WOGGLE stands for Woman of God - Growing, Loving, and Encouraging.  Elise & Holly left me on buggy duty for a few minutes and a girl realized the line she was waiting in did not actually lead to a register and she asked if she could go in front of me.  Now on BF time is money and you want to get to the next opening on time but I was working on "Loving" and I let her in line.  However this kind action resulted in everyone in her non-existent line to try and boot me out of line and while I would have never been down right nasty to someone it was on my tongue to let them know I was next!! I did stand up for my position in line but in a very WOGGLE way!

So no one got hurt, no one got yelled at and it was all very fun!

Poor Elise had it bad because I was pregnant and therefore not up to speed and Holly had just had surgery and was not up to speed.  So we alternating staying in the car while she shopped but it was still great fun with great friends!

Holly was our photographer so check her blog for pictures - I'm sure they will be up soon!

No comments: