Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for . . .

I'm thankful for many, many things but this week I'm thankful for healthy children, who can run and play, and for friends and family to play with!

On Monday we started our week off with a necessary trip to Wal-mart but on our way home we stopped at the local park and had a Lunchable picnic and I let the boys play a bit, too. It was a beautiful day!  We ended the day playing with some old/new friends who live nearby and the boys had a blast!

Tuesday, Mason had a friend from his class over and all three boys were non-stop for about 4 hours! After we dropped him off, we headed to a friend of Conner's to celebrate his 4th birthday!  There were 8 little boys all under 6 - it was crazy fun!

Today, I thought I was headed to my mom's to grab some food and come straight home.  Therefore, at 12 noon I headed over to my mom's in my PJ's with no makeup on with two barefoot children in their PJ's.  And who was there was lunch - my old boss! I was beyond mortified to eat lunch in said PJs and bare face with the man I normally discussed debt ratios with while dressed in nice attire! Oh well - what's done is done and it was a nice lunch! My dad's gumbo is to die for!

Another friend of mine was in town with her new baby and two older kids, plus her sister's two kids, so the boys had a great time climbing trees and fences with four other kiddos! Mason even mastered the monkey bars today and he (and I) were so proud!

So I'm very thankful for a break filled with good friends and playing and family! Looking forward to more fun tomorrow!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: