Monday, April 15, 2013

These Days . . .

These days I'm a baseball mama & coach's wife more than any other title I answer to and it's been crazy busy but I'm loving this time with my family.
 
Ryan is coaching Conner's tball team and Mason's machine pitch team! Conner had his first set of games this weekend.
 
My little Panther! Go #12!
 
 
Ballpark Baby

 
Love these memories of older brothers playing and cheering

 
Ryan & Conner

 
Playing Catcher - I think he's bored! :)
 
 
Off to the farm - Aaron loves his Papa!

 
two peas in a pod 

 
look at me go!

 
my little country boy

 
Mason is determined to build a pond in our backyard!

 
Spring time Saturday evenings

 
love

 
beauty
 
 
BBQ beans for supper!

 
 
I'm loving these days with my boys, but pieces of me misses the fellowship of small groups at church during the week and pieces of me yearns for the days that I can pack my bags and head out into the mission field . . . but then I'm reminded that these are the people God has given me and they are my mission field. They are the souls I'm to win. And when the Great Commission told me to GO it didn't say I had to go far and so for now I'm satisfied to GO to the ballpark and to GO to ball practice and to GO to the grocery story because you never know what God has in store for the day!
 
The days are long but the years are short and I'm intending to make the most of them! Love my family!
 
And lest anyone think we are smiley all the time lots of our days have been spent whining about going to ball practice, staying up too late and waking up too grumpy, missing our home, and spending 10th anniversaries eating casseroles and going to bed early!
 
And funny story - the boys were playing Kingdoms (made up game) and Ryan & Mason were the kings and Aaron & Conner were the knights and I thought I'd at least get to be Princess, Queen, or Damsel in Distress but when the time came to assign my role I was told I was the Cook! :) No romance here!



1 comment:

Lauren said...

I LOVE this! Love the "GO" part--SO true! Love the last part about you being the cook--teehee! They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so all of your boys must LOVE you as their cook--it's a compliment. ;)