Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fun Family Recipe of the Week

My boys are SO PICKY therefore its extremely rare to find something the whole family will eat. I saw this recipe in Taste of Home and had to try it! It's very easy and bigger kids can certainly help!
Easy Stuffed Shells
1 box Jumbo Shells
appx. 36 meatballs, thawed
1 jar spaghetti sauce
mozzarella cheese

Cook noodles according to package directions, drain.

Grease casserole dish and spread 1/2 c. sauce on button. Have an adult or a "helper" stuff each shell with a meatball and place in casserole dish. Pour on remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake covered @ 350 for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Mason who never eats more than 1 T. of anything asked for thirds and Ryan & I enjoyed them as well!

I made in the morning so I just let the meatballs thaw after I had already put the dish together and then baked in the evening. It would be an easy make-ahead dinner the night before and just throw it in the oven when you got home the next day!

The next time I make it I'll probably add some extra loose meatballs because they were a big hit!

More recipes and kitchen tips to come! And I'll do better at remembering to take pictures too!!

** Crazy Kids Story **
I bravely took my two little ones to the DMV yesterday and it went very smoothly until I looked over and saw Mason upside down in his chair checking for gum under the counter!!! Thanks Dad for teaching him that neat little trick . . .

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Mindy! Yea!! I'm SO looking forward to reading your blog. I don't know what you mean when you say you're not interesting!! You're one of the most interesting people I know and you're LOADED with information! I feel smarter ever time I hear one of your tidbits. Keep 'em coming!

The Doyals said...

Dang it, Lauren beat me! I am the 1st follower though- yea me!!! Love the blog Mindy and can't wait to try this recipie- this is my kind of food. Talk to you when we get back from Florida (that is if we don't float away first)!

ashly said...

this recipe sounds yummy!!!!