Wednesday, November 11, 2009

From Good to Bad to WORSE!

The Good . . .

Went on my semi-annual College Girls Weekend this past weekend! We had a great time in Sugar Land, TX!! As usual, it was like we'd never left the 2nd floor of Adams Dorm or Sybil Lane in good ol' Ruston, LA! We always have tons of fun gossiping about people we knew, discussing kids & husbands, and everything in between! This time it was super fun to talk about our secret blog-stalking and to plan Baby Nolan's first birthday party and to have little Will Bozeman be our own toy tester with Holly's Houses! Can't wait to get together a little closer to home in March at Holly D's house in Benton!



Lauren getting some love from Kirby, Will & Holly


Holly D & Missy, my traveling buddies


Sugar Land crew, Kandy & Lauren




The Bad . . .

I had a wonderful time visiting with friends but like normal we stayed up way too late catching up on life - when I got home I was exhausted! Which was bad because I had so much work to do on Sunday!! I finally got everything done around 11:00 pm and took a much needed soak in the jacuzzi tub . . . only to hear tiny little footsteps making their way into my bed! Mason started crying for his mommy so my luxurious soak was done. I got to his side just in time to catch his vomit in my hands . . . nice! This made for a long night because Mason had fever and didn't sleep well. Finally around 5 a.m. he settled down and we got some much needed rest. We woke late that morning and discovered we had no water!! Great (remember I got thrown up on after my bath!)! My dad had hired some people to cut hay in our pasture and apparently they mistook our water well for something that needed to be ran over! Mass amount of phone calls and chaos ensues and finally the water is flowing again! Which is good because then Mason threw up on me AGAIN! At least its bedtime . . . tomorrow is sure to be better . . .

Or not! Since I've been working part-time I'm always a little paranoid that when I come in on Tuesday's that I've missed something everyone else knows or something to that affect and usually I'm wrong but not this time! Long story way short, work drama overflows and I end up working late which leads to . . .

THE WORSE . . .

Stuck in traffic on Bert Kouns Industrial Loop minding my own business trying to get home after a tedious day when WHAM!! My head jerks foward then back and I'm thinking what in the world just happened . . . well let me tell you!! Some teenage boy decides to plow into the back of my car which leads me to the back of someone's car! FANTASTIC!! What a perfect day!

I was very shook up and shaking uncontrollably, my head hurt almost immediately, and I thought I'd vomit on the side of the road which would be so embarrassing! I finally make it home and then my parents and sister intervene and force me to the ER until 12:30 a.m.




The damage is actually worse than the pictures show - there's damage on both sides and underneath my car and inside the back, but the good news is that God is good and everyone walked away!

I literally could not stop shaking for about the next hour after the accident. I drove home listening to K-Love and heard this song (can't remember who sings it!) - "hold me Jesus, I'm shaking like leaf, you have been King of my glory, now won't you be my Prince of Peace?" And it really hit home at that moment - our God is so mighty and thankfully his blessings are new each day because I really needed a fresh start!

Praying for better days!
I'm adding a quick little edit to this post . . . got to work Thursday and my HR rep called and she forgot to approve my time sheet so no paycheck for me tomorrow! And Pat if you are reading this I am not mad! At this point anything bad that happens I am just going to think its comical!

3 comments:

Kelly Cobb said...

Mindy!!!!! How terrible! You really need to catch a break. So you didn't say, but I'm assuming the ER found out you were ok? Well I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. Hey look at the bright side, maybe the ins. co. will say your jeep is a total loss and you can get a new one ;-) Things will get better, hang in there!

Anonymous said...

MINDY! I am so sorry. maybe the end of the week get better!
By the way blog friend did changer her address....sweettfamily
Love you!
kandy

Lauren said...

Wow, girl! I had no idea what's been going on with you. I'm SO sorry! Hang in there!