Sunday, October 25, 2009

I DID IT!! . . . sort of!

This weekend was the first annual Stonewall Long Haul 5k Health Walk/Run benefiting the Alzheimers Association! It was a first for my family and it was very exciting!! I see now why people do this.

We got the kids all bundled up and we all had on our running shoes bright and early on the chilly Saturday morning! Ryan had decided he wanted to run it to see how he would do so that left me with two strollers and two boys! Thankfully, I had a host of family and friends out that day to support Josh & Erica and Alzheimers who could also help me . . . a big thanks to Granny, Aunt Jackie, Amy, Blake, Mom, Dad, Terry Mac, and whoever else ended up pushing a stroller with a child in it or pushing an empty stroller while some other nice soul walked with Mason!

At about Mile 1, while bringing up the rear, I came to the conclusion that Conner is not a stroller baby! We are not super on the go people so he rarely rides in his stroller and when we do go places I usually either carry him or let him roam free so he was NOT happy to be in the stroller and I was DEAD LAST in the race trying to make him happy! We ended up turning around and quitting mid-race, altogether I maybe did 1.5 miles . . . but not my fault!

Here are some pictures of Conner non-verbally expressing his thoughts and feelings of being woke up early and stuck in a stroller. By the way, yes, this is a public road in a developing subdivision where there are lots of dump trucks and other big trucks who don't really care if a 19 month old is revolting against his mother in the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!






If and when there is a #3, he/she will have to learn to love the stroller!

My hubby did place 18th in under 30 minutes - CONGRATS!! He hadn't really planned on running until the last minute so I think he did great!

Kelly & I relaxing after the run



The Williamson clan walking in memory of W.N. Williamson, Sr.




Sisters in Christ (and one little brother) supporting each other,
Mom, Conner, Margie, Renee, Megan, & Donna





The Williamson girls, Aunt Cheryl, Aunt Jackie, Granny, MeMe, (Conner), & Mom


Cheryl & Brian

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay Mindy! Conner is so stinkin' funny (although I'm sure you didn't think so at the time). And a big "yay" for your little bro and his wife for organizing this awesome event!

Lil Cake Diva said...

I love it!! I love it!!!
Ready for next year!!
Just read your 'updated' about me... love it too!!!!