Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Boys Will Play While Mom's Away!

I had a weekend full of showers this past weekend!  My dear childhood friend, Anna, is getting married next month!  I haven't seen her in over a year and it was great to see her and my other "Gloster Girls!"  We met at the Glenwood Tea Room with several other girls and ladies -- we sat at the "kids table."  It was great to catch up on the wedding details - dresses, shoes, oh my!  Can't wait for the big day!

Mindy, Elise, Lauren, Anna, Mary Lea, and Rachel


While I was gone the boys went and bought fishing gear to get ready for Day 2 of baby showers!

After lunch at church I headed to my friend, Lauren's, baby shower!! What's that you say - she's a super cute pregnant chick?  Well that's because her little bundle of joy is coming from Ethiopia!! Sweet E will get to meet her Mommy, Daddy, and Nana in 2 WEEKS!!! Check out their story at Team Huss!

I was super excited to be the official College Gang ambassador to the shower - really I just made that title up and I would have gone anyway - but I did take the gift from Holly D, Holly W, Kandy, myself, and Missy!


and it was a super cool digital handheld video monitor!


Next I headed to my sweet friend Ashly's shower! She is expecting Miss Noelle, her third child but first girl, this month!! No pictures but had a great time seeing Ashly (haven't seen her since she was pregnant with Sam) and Robin & Kelly!  Us four will have to think of a cool name for ouselves too!

While I was gone Ryan took the boys fishing . . . wish I would have been there to see . . . Mason caught a big bass and wanted to keep it so Ryan was carrying the fish back home and then he saw Conner's rod being carried across the pond -- apparently Conner caught a fish while no one was looking -- according to the story, without thought Ryan jumped in the water (boots and all) still holding Mason fish to catch Conner's rod!! Then he slipped and fell and Conner's pole took off!  They ended up rescuing the rod by catching it with Mason's - Conner fish got away but here is Mason's . . . 


Love my boys and my girls!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks so much for coming to my shower, Mindy! You definitely "took one for the team!" ;)

Kelly Cobb said...

Haha that's a funny fishing story!