Friday, May 13, 2011

Field Day 2011

Both boys participated in field day today! Of course, neither of their events were even remotely near one another so I feel as though I've run all over the campus frantically asking "have you seen kindergarten yellow shirts or prek purple shirts?"  (each class in each grade wears different colored shirts for field trips and events, but I can't just ask for a color of shirt because each grade has the same eight colors - got it?).

I had been watching field day go on for about 10 minutes before I realized I was watching actual field day and not field day practice.  Many parents were dissapointed because they took away the competition aspect of field day and this year each class did their own activities and everyone got a ribbon that said "I'm a winner!"  Last year the classes competed against one another.

Here are Conner's friends playing "Duck, Duck, Goose."
Conner had not noticed me until he was picked as Goose and then he ran to me instead of playing!


Mason's friends waiting for their turn to ride a pool noodle like a stick horse


Payne giving the hand-off to Mason on the Crawfish in a Spoon relay
that wasn't a relay because there was no one else racing!


Back to Conner, after much outdoor searching I found him in the gym!
When he noticed me he quit playing and said "Hold My!"


Conner letting us know he is hot while waiting in line to find a seashell in the sand
(really what happened to Tug of War, sack races, etc.?)


Ok, back to my yellow shirts! Found them on the opposite end in the jumpers!


Mason & Natalie


Natalie chasing Mason in a fierce Duck, Duck, Goose game


And back to Conner . . .
oh how he loves a bouncy slide!


Field Day was fun and exhausting!

The boys got to check out which is always fun for them!

Only 4 more days of school!

1 comment:

The Cobb Family said...

What no competing against the other classes! Jason didn't tell me that......hmmmm I like the sack races, tug of war stuff too! Cute pics, stealing a couple ;)