Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gone a' Pickin'

After a very busy weekend of storm clean-up and T-ball we enjoyed a peaceful Sunday evening pickin' blackberries!  The boys and Ryan had gone a few weeks earlier and were anxious to show me their blackberry detecting skills.  We found most of the berries at my parents' pond across the road from our house.  It was a great night to go - fairly cool and nice and breezy (but still hot enough for snakes to be on my mind!).

I was a "spotter" and here are my pickers!


ah, serenity . . .


Ryan & Mason hard at work


my babies!


we brought home about 10 berries the other 50 got eaten as soon as they came off the vine
Ryan was concerned about washing but by my logic it had just rained . . . same difference, huh?


of course, my children don't go anywhere without finding mud
they got a waterhose shower when we got home
Mason is showing me his muscles in the background


my loves!
(combination of mud and berry juice on Conner's chin!)


It was a very peaceful and relaxing way to end an exhausting weekend!

No comments: