Friday, June 3, 2011

Wet n Wild! Birthday Party Fun!

Due to T-ball and what I've heard called on other blogs as the "May Explosion" (i.e. being extremely busy) we had to push Mason's party to Memorial Day Weekend.  We were ready to go early that morning waiting on our waterslide rental to be dropped off.  During the school year I started having to set a kitchen timer in order to encourage (demand?) Mason get dressed in a timely manner, however on this morning he came downstairs at 7:30 a.m. already dressed in is swimming shorts! He and Conner were patiently waiting on what Conner called "EE's BIG BIG waterslide!"  My two water bugs started swimming at 8:30 a.m. in the morning!

Around 11:00 a.m. the first guests started arriving and I think everyone had a great time sliding and playing and knocking candy out of the monster truck pinata'! The theme was Monster Trucks and we had the Monster Wave Waterslide - perfect for a 6 year old boy!

Here is Mason getting started before everyone else . . . 


The Toms crew posing for a picture!


Me caught mid-movement watching Mason show off his DSi XL
(side note - Ryan & I fight over who gets to play Super Mario Bros when the kids go to bed!
And one night I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. playing and then dreamed of mushrooms and castles all night long!)

part of the birthday crew!


Mason's blowing out his candle!
And if you were at his party and didn't get cake or ice cream it's because I forgot it!
When almost everyone was gone someone reminded me - sorry!


When just family was left the adults got brave and got into their swimwear for
some water slidin' fun! Here I am!


Conner


Pretty sure I signed a contract saying no one would ride down on someone else's back!!
Josh & Erica staying young!


ReRe!


Me and Conner sneaking some kisses!


Since Mason was born my dad has been collecting change in his"Mason Jar" and
for his 6th birthday he got the jar! How special!


More fun times with Papa - him and Mason sliding!


Ryan had fun sliding too but for some reason every picture of him sliding shows me climbing up the ladder in a very unflattering point of view so his pics didn't make it!! And believe me you should be glad!

After Mason's party we got dried off and changed into new swimsuits and headed over to Michael's 7th Birthday Party! It was great fun!

Conner, my little fish


Mason and more slide action

So they got in the water at 8:30 a.m. and didn't get back out until 6:15 p.m. but it was a really fun day with great friends and great family and great food too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASON AND MICHAEL!

1 comment:

The Doyals said...

Looks like SO much fun Mindy! And I'm proud of you for playing on the slide too- you know if I weren't in my current "state" I would have been right there beside you!