Thursday, October 15, 2009

10 Things I love about Rain!

10. The smell

9. Finding frogs in my living room! Thanks to John Ryan & Nora for giving Mason a butterfly net for his birthday. I was the crazy lady chasing a frog around with a net last night!

8. Rainbows

7. Its provides a good excuse to lay on the couch and do nothing all day!

6. The fascination I still feel when the creek floods in our road - there is just something exciting about driving through a flooded road!

5. The sound the rain made on my second story bedroom under my parents tin roof. Love it!

4. When it makes the power go out, except on hot days or days I HAVE to be somewhere. I love holding my family hostage and making them play games with me or curling up with a book and a candle!

3. Sitting in the living room beside our big window and looking for worms in the puddles(you know looking out the window - we may have frogs but not worms!) with Mason and Conner!

2. Singing Rain, Rain Go Away with my kids!

1. The delight on two little boys faces when the rain stops for a brief moment and I announce its time to put on our boots and go outside - PRICELESS!


***********
Check out my big boys at the Imagination Movers this weekend! So much fun!

*************
Happy Birthday Sarah!!!

*********************
Thoughts to ponder . . . be looking for a future blog post about "What would you do if you weren't afraid of _____________?" Fill in the blank yourself!
****************
Mindy




Add Image

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love the pics--so cute! And I'm with you on the tin roof thing. I used to love it when my bedroom was the loft at our house. I was so close to the tin roof and I loved it when it rained at night!

The Doyals said...

#9 reminds me of our plague of frogs last year. We discovered they were coming in our house through our toilet. Crazy!!! Nothing like finding a frog on your pillow as you lay your head to to go to sleep!!! Oh- and What would I do if I weren't afraid of snakes? someday...