Thursday, October 1, 2009

GREEN SMILEYS ALL AROUND!!

Conner & I couldn't resist the beautiful weather yesterday so we threw on our shoes and headed for the great outdoors! Then a "melt your heart" moment - he picked me flowers for the first time!! How adorable is that! In his cute tiny little hand were 4 yellow wildflowers (I REFUSE to call them weeds!)!

It dawned on me that the day before Mason had picked flowers for me and it really touched me that Conner was able to follow his big brother's example and give his mommy beautiful treasures!!

I spend so much time asking Mason not do things so that Conner won't imitate him that I forget what a splendid example he can be!



I was a little apprehensive about my oldest angel on Wednesday though . . . I was definitely up for worst mother of the month!! Saturday we had pizza, Sunday Mason asked for pizza, Monday Mason asked for pizza so when I saw that the cafeteria was serving pizza on Wednesday I assumed it was a no-brainer - of course, he'd want pizza!! Think again - he complained the WHOLE way to school and in the parking lot and in the hallway and demanded to go back home and get his lunch! When we finally made it to his room he ran away twice and wouldn't go in his room because HE DID NOT WANT PIZZA!! HE HATES PIZZA! (Why didn't I know this???)

He has done absolutely wonderful at school but I feared my pizza fiasco would ruin our record of green smiley faces . . . but it didn't!! Turns out he doesn't hate pizza that much after all because he ate the whole lunch and got a month's worth of green smileys!! HOORAY FOR MASON!!

He did however tell on me this morning to my mom that I "forgot" to make his lunch and said that he never wanted to eat in the cafeteria ever again!! So keep your lunch suggestions coming because I'm going to need them!!
**Off to Canton this weekend so I'll be sure and take pictures of all my fabulous finds!!**
mindy

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Holy cow--Conner is SO big now! So sweet that he's picking you flowers. And definitely congrats to Mason for all green smiley's! You must be doing something right, Mindy! ;)

The Doyals said...

You've got some stiff competition for Mother of the Year around here. Last night, I knocked Bailey down on the concrete when I opened our big trash can's lid on her head. I really thought she was out of the way. Oops!