Monday, December 20, 2010

'Tis the Season to be Jolly!

We've been having lots of Christmas fun lately! So much fun I've been too busy to blog but a special thanks to my Coushatta friends for wondering what I've been up to!! (P. S. you could leave a comment or perhaps become a follower . . . just saying!)

Kelly & I were in charge of the Kindergarten class party last Tuesday and as luck would have it the stomach virus struck both of our houses!! O' Christmas cheer!  Mason was the first and worst to go down! Thankfully I got the bathrooms cleaned and sheets washed before it got me too and just as I was beginning to feel slightly human Conner got sick and around and around we go!  Kelly so graciously offered to shop for our last remaining supplies until she got sick too! We threw it together at the last minute and Mason, Conner & I were able to attend for about 30 minutes before we headed to the doctor because Mason had an ear infection!  I was really quite worried about him for a while because he was so dehydrated but thankfully he is better now!

And fortunately he was feeling good enough to go caroling on Friday night with our church! I love Christmas music and was very excited about caroling!  I bought a new "pocket-sized" camera for events such as that and would love to show you cute pictures but the battery went dead (never charged it since I bought it!).  It was really cold and we were on a trailer driving through the neighborhood - freezing!  Only a few folks wouldn't let us sing but most everyone was happy to see us! We got our best reception at the housing project apartments and that was so sweet!

Sunday was our church's 2nd Annual Gingerbread House Decorating Fellowship and it was great fun!

Conner, trying to run away with a present!


Mason, all smiles and ready for Christmas


My sweet boys during some serious construction!


Conner, not really understanding the concept of putting the candy on the house!
Mason's house was so neat and tidy, not one drop of marshmallow creme on him!


Mason & Payne, school and church buddies!


Got the boys the cutest "Santa Countdown" placemats for Christmas and everyday you can turn the "dial" to show how many days until Christmas! Mason is ready for breakfast every morning to move his around -- ONLY 5 MORE DAYS!!!

1 comment:

Mere said...

I got the same placemat at Target...oh how I heart Target! We need to get together after the holidays! I have presents for the boys!