Friday, January 6, 2012

BOYS, BOYS, BOYS!

So I put my blog address on my Christmas card for the first time and I had great plans of filling the blog with tons of exciting stuff and then that just didn't happen! Oops! We've been so busy enjoying the Christmas season that sitting at the computer downloading pictures and typing just didn't make the cut.  The boys & I have a had a great time during the break and they are always so excited for Ryan to come home and then we have some more fun!

MASON
Mason was out of school for 22 days and he enjoyed every minute of it! Santa was very good to him and brought him an air rifle with a scope . . . essentially a "fully-loaded" BB gun and Ryan & I got him some of the Lego Kingdoms collection so we've been busy shooting things and building things! I have become quite the Lego master, if I do say so myself! In between doctor visits and Christmas shopping, we went to see Arthur Christmas and he really enjoyed it!

After Christmas he and his Papa and some other boys from church spent a couple of nights in Arkansas rock hunting and doing boy stuff.  He was very happy that he was old enough to go on the big boy trip! And then a few days later he got to spend the night with Mimee & Papa all by himself (without Conner), which meant he got to sleep on the "sleeper" in the living room and not upstairs and that was a big treat!

I love my oldest "little" boy! He is so sweet and gentle and being his mommy is the best!

CONNER
Well Conner had a tough go over the break - I think I counted that in 34 days we went to the doctor 7 times, saw 4 different doctors at 2 different clinics, and were on antibiotics for 24 of those days (not counting other meds)! Needless to say, we are both sick and tired of the doctor and the pharmacy and everything that goes with that! But he is a trooper and he still managed to have a good time and a good attitude even with the fevers and rashes and shots!

Santa brought him a brand new bicycle and a toy Jeep and horse trailer just like Papa's! Ryan & I got him Hockey Guys (little men that you pretend with and play hockey) and we have played that until I just couldn't stand to do it anymore! But when he plays it he says, "Oh, thank you Santa, thank you!" And that just melts my heart (even if it didn't come from Santa!)!

While Mason was playing in AR, Conner got to spend the night with Mimee all by himself! Ryan & I enjoyed our quick little breather to travel to Dallas to go to a Stars game with our friends, Holly & Jonathan! While Mason was gone we also had some friends over to play and decorate cookies.  Our little playdate party was originally scheduled for before Christmas but we decided going to the doctor that day would be more fun instead!

My little Conner is so funny and sweet and polite and probably the only boy alive to steal everyone's candles at a Christmas Eve service at church and make guns out of them to shoot his fellow churchgoers! Being his mommy is the best too!

BABY BOY BROWN
It's a good thing little boys melt this mommy's heart because we are having another little boy! That really is like month old news but new news to the blog! The day we found out was a rush of going to my appointment and then driving home and picking up a sick Conner and rushing him to the doctor and we finally had our last (hopefully) doctor's appointment for Conner two days ago so sweet baby boy is just now getting a mention!

I have finally purchased something for him . . . clearance Christmas PJ's for next year . . . hey, you gotta start somewhere! But really I have dutifully stored away everything the big boys ever wore or used and so it's all waiting for Baby to use! And I think I've found his bedding set too so its all coming together! I'm 24 weeks today and he is quite the mover and shaker . . . possibly due to the large amounts of caffeine his mommy takes in to make through the day with two very active little boys! I am blessed to be his mommy too!

Hopefully tomorrow we will have a blog in pictures because we've done some fabulously fun stuff lately!

No comments: