Friday, January 27, 2012

NESTING

I've been getting ready for baby lately and have surprised myself with how much energy I have had  . . . until this week. I've sort of crashed and burned and done a lot of napping this week.  So I've either been too busy or too sleepy to blog!

I had a mild panic attack yesterday (not actually) when I got my American Baby magazine and it talked about that in this stage of my pregnancy I should have the room done and probably just needed a few odds and ends! OMG - this baby doesn't even have a bed!! I have bought a new lamp and some wall decals and two crib sheets - does that count? His room is still a transition/staging area . . . I've gotten most of Conner's clothes out but I still need to buy Conner a new dresser and desk for his new shared room with Mason in order to make room for baby. Baby clothes are sorted but not washed and toys and equipment have been dug out of the attic.  There is at least a little forward progress!

After all the baby stuff that has been accomplished I looked about my house and realized it had been sorely neglected.  Yesterday I pulled out the vacumm and started to work with lots of breaks in between because I can't breathe lately.  I was so proud of my floors and I spent most of the night reminding the kids - "Mommy just vacummed PLEASE hold your head OVER YOUR PLATE!!!"

This morning I fixed them breakfast and went to finish getting myself ready and in strolls Conner with two slices of buttered bread made into a sandwich that he very proudly made himself . . . on the floor . . . those freshly vacummed floors . . . and what's a mom to say when she's staring at a great big proud big boy smile other than "I'm so very proud of you!"

So here's to lots of love and laughs and messes no matter how hard I try!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

any names for baby boy Brown? I just knew you were going to have another sweet boy! I LOVE BOYS so much...they are the best. You are one lucky girl with 4 boys to love!