Friday, January 13, 2012

Love a good After Christmas Clearance Sale!

Wednesday I heard the shouts of "Hallelujah" from the heavenly chorus . . .  I was home alone!! Yippee! For the most part it was the first time since before Thanksgiving, as Conner has missed a TON of school due to sickness.  And don't get me wrong I LOVE my time with Mason & Conner but it was so nice to go to Wal-mart by myself and not answer twenty million questions and then go home and get some work done!

Many of you have heard me say that I *HEART* the Mansfield Wal-mart and I remembered why this week - great sales!! All the toys they brought in just for Christmas were 50% off! So I managed to snag a few good ones for upcoming birthday parties! Yea!

After toys I got everything to do Conner's treat bags for next Christmas for his class (nothing edible, don't worry!) all for 75% off! Ryan isn't too happy about my sales because he knows that means I'll be storing these items until next year but I'm super excited!

And last but not least - Operation Christmas Child 2012 shopping has begun!! I have already been saving Kids Meal toys but now I've actually bought a few items too!  I got three pair of shoes for $3/each and 2 tank tops and a dress for between $2-$3! So pumped! If I shop all year long I will be able to get so much more for the money!  By the way for those of you who helped out last year with OCC . . . the boys and I tracked our boxes by paying for the shipping online and we took our two boxes to the donation center with the rest of them . . . and our boxes went to Togo, Africa! I'm not sure if that is where all the boxes went but if they stayed all together then probably so! I was really really hoping mine were going to Africa! Yea!

I left Wal-Mart such a happy camper and am so proud of my thrifty purchases!

No comments: