Tuesday, January 31, 2012

JUMP!


Are Sunday morning's hectic for anyone else??? I try very hard on Saturday to have everyone's clothes set out and to know what I'm making for breakfast and I set my alarm and get up early and everything but I still seem to be running around like a madwoman on Sunday mornings! This past Sunday was no exception . . . and of course it would be the Sunday that Mason and some of his Kids Church friends sang their favorite worship song, Jump! And all I have is this terrible iPhone picture! He's the cute one on the second row in the blue argyle (sp?) sweater!

Speaking of being rushed on Sunday . . . there are lots of Sunday mornings where I have to do some serious apologizing about my "get out of the door and in the car NOW" behavior.  This Sunday Mason & I were going together early to church and he was very anxious about singing and reciting his memory verse in church.  I was so glad for those quiet moments together where we could talk about how God told Joshua to be strong and courageous.  We listened to the Jump! song on CD and it said "put your faith in motion" and I explained to him that he was doing exactly that when he stood up there and proclaimed his beliefs. I was SO PROUD of him when he stood on the second row and did his movements and sang - he's a shy guy and I know that took a lot of effort on his behalf.  Afterward he told me he did it but that he was still scared and that's when we got to have a little lesson on bravery and how being scared but still doing the scary thing makes you brave and strong and courageous!!

I'm so proud of my sweet boy and the little man of God he is becoming by "putting his faith in motion!" I as an adult could learn a lot from him about trusting in God enough to do the scary things!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You GO Mason! And mommy, too--those are very sweet moments and it's awesome that you were able to talk to him about being brave and courageous. ;)