Saturday, October 23, 2010

Down Home Fun!

Thursday I was able to head on over to Dixie, Louisiana to join Mason's class on their field trip to the Dixie Corn Maze & Fun Farm!  The farm is located in the middle of many row crop fields in the middle of no where -- it was a very ideal setting!  There were 4 kindergarten classes from our school and our class headed to "The Jumpy Thing" first. 

Mason is in the middle having fun!


Hey chicken!

Mason & Payne riding the train, love the grain bins in the background!

I think the highlight of Mason's day was getting to pet a 20 foot, 200 pound, 19 year old python! He also petted another smaller snake - I was a little terrified!  We took a guided tour of the corn maze and went on a hay ride (minus the hay) to the pumpkin patch.  There was also a pig race.  By the time we left Mason was so tired and he fell asleep after about 2 minutes in the car!

Friday was the 2nd Annual Stonewall Pumpkin Shine!  Here is Mason with his pumpkin!  Ryan helped Mason and I helped Conner with his mummy.  Conner missed his nap on Friday and refused to pose for a picture with his!



Last year I took the boys to the pumpkin shine by myself last year and it was chaos! We convinced Ryan to the miss the hockey game and come with us and I think he had a lot of fun!  I am so glad he was there because even though we were both watching the boys in one jumper Conner still managed to sneak out without us knowing and head over to the big boy obstacle course jumper.  We were so scared!  Luckily I happened to glance in the right place at the right time and I caught him running to get back in and start over!  It was a fun family down home night!

No comments: