Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Break

Mason has been on Fall Break this week and he has had quite a busy week! Lots to be thankful for during this fall season!

Saturday, Conner and Mason spent the day and night with my sister and Blake.  The main attraction was getting to ride the combine with Blake and harvest soybeans!  That is all I heard about all Saturday morning - when, when, when!! Conner has not spent the night anywhere yet, with the exception of 2 nights when he was 6 months old with my mom, so I was a little anxious, excited, depressed over that big milestone for him!  Of course, their ReRe took great care of them and all was fine!

My dad and Mason were going camping in Arkansas on Monday but after church they got the itch to get on the rode so I quickly threw some camping gear in a bag and off they went Sunday evening!  Conner & I had some fun days together sleeping late and playing outside while the Mason was rock hunting with Papa! They came home Wednesday and I am not sure there are any rocks left in Arkansas!  They are in the front yard, kitchen, and I was still finding some today in Mason's suitcase!  Those boys love rocks!

Thursday is Conner's "school" day and Mason did not want to leave the house, which I don't really blame him, but I had a day planned for the two of us! After dropping Conner off, we headed to Sci-Port Discovery Center.  We've never been to Sci-Port and I must say that I was a tad bit disappointed by the exhibits.  Overall, Mason had a good time but it wasn't really what we expected.

Here is Mason using the pulley system to lift himself up!


Digging for fossils!


He had the best time in the Kid Corner!


After we left Sci-Port we walked by the river and of course the fountains were irresistible!


We picked up our sweet Conner and headed over to the pumpkin patch! I thought today would be a great day since Mason was with us and Conner needed to wear a fall shirt to school that day for a project.  BTW, trying to cut my spending on their clothes so for every fall photo op they probably will be wearing this shirt!!

My cute lil' pumpkin!


Sweethearts!! Conner did not like the hay poking his legs!


Mason picked out a HUGE pumpkin so we needed some help getting it to the car. 
 Of course, it the wagon got much heavier when we added two boys to it!

Tomorrow we are headed for Great Wolf Lodge and are so excited about that (well except for part about being in a swimsuit in public!)! More Fall Break fun to come!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Very cute! And I love that your boys love rocks. Maybe one of them will become a geologist! Every trip that our family took involved some type of rock education (my dad was a geologist).