Tuesday, January 11, 2011

College Student . . . Again

Yesterday began my first official day of college . . . yet again! Apparently I just like going to school!

I did end up passing my Praxis and my GRE - yea - and now I am enrolled in the Master of Arts in Teaching at Northwestern State University!  All of it is online and in 2.5 years (1.5 years of school if I go slow and 1 year of teaching) I will graduate and be certified to teach Secondary Education in English and Social Studies and possibly I'll toss Business Education into the mix as well!

All of my classes are online, but I do have to leave the comfort of my sweatpants (not much has changed since 1998 when I first started college!) occasionally for my field experience hours.  This will enable me to still be home with the boys while finishing school.  Technically, if I could find someone to hire me without being certified, I could began teaching now; however I would like to wait until Conner is in school.

Hopefully I will be able to streamline and prioritize my time wisely but if you don't hear from me on the blog for a while it's because I've got actual writing that I have to do! Like my three page paper due this Friday!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Awesome! Congrats, Mindy!!

The Whalen Family said...

Are you a little bit sad I won't be living down the hall from you when you need a study break???