Friday, February 11, 2011

Back in High School

Today I had a somewhat deja vu experience . . . I observed at my former high school!  Last night in preparation I packed a sack lunch and I realized that I packed almost the exact same lunch as I did in 1998!  Turkey sandwich with Sandwich Spread and pretzels.  The only difference is that I had Scooby Doo Fruit Treats and not a Ding Dong.  The even sadder part of that is I was talking to an old high school friend at school and told her this story and she remembered that I brought a Ding Dong to school everyday.  And as an aside, oh what I'd give to be able to eat Ding Dongs everyday again!

So apparently my lunch choices have not changed in 13 - 15 years!!!

I observed a former teacher in the exact same class she taught me - 11th grade American History.  I did not feel as smart as I did back then because I have forgotten all about Teddy Roosevelt and the Square Deal and the Progressive Movement.

And way back when we did not cameras in the stairwells.  And students could not wear jeans as ripped as these kiddos did!

But anyway, my last class was Honors English IV in the exact same room I had English IV in - kind of crazy!  And if you are wondering why I did not take Honors English it is because we did not have Honors classes back in the old days!

It was a fun experience but a little weird to see how time passes and lots of things change but some things stay the same regardless of time!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh, that's SO fun! The good ol' days! Now, with your lunch, did you take your retainer out and put it on the lunch tray while you ate your sandwich? Because that would make it really authentic. ;) And yes, I remember the ding dong, too!