Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cold Weather Fun

We haven't gotten quite as much snow as the rest of the world but we have had fun in the COLD this past week!  On Wednesday (I know I'm behind) there was a little ice on the ground and as the mother of little country boys we don't pass up any opportunity to beat on something (ice) with a stick or a garden tool!

After we picked Mason up from school we came in to get our cold weather gear on and Mason started screaming and laughing "Mama look! Mama look!" and their were two mules in our backyard!  We called my dad and he told me someone to call and see if they belonged to them - so after a few phone calls about some missing mules (we love living in the country - stray mules, not dogs) we headed outside!

The boys & I wandered over to the creek in search of ice to break up!


I've always wanted a picture here on these tree roots since there is no ground underneath them
and today I finally remembered my camera!


Friday we actually got a little snow and ice and we came
back out to bust some more stuff up!


My dad found us playing outside at our house and he brought us to his house!
He went missing for a little while and when he came back he had built a sled!


Darling boys!


Ryan, Conner, Mason, & Dad
The boys are standing in the horses water trough that is COMPLETELY frozen solid!


Conner let me have a turn on the sled with Mason!
We just got through pelting the on-lookers with snowballs!
And Conner's sad face is because he doesn't like my parents new (and now gone) dog!


Mom gets a "tow" back home!


It was fun cold day!  Now thanks to that Conner has a nasty cold (as close to the flu as you can get without actually having the flu) and a "bulging" ear infection!