Monday, February 14, 2011

Mason Lost Something & So Did I!

My sweet baby Mason has had a bad case of the sickies this past week.  He has also had a very loose tooth that he has been patiently wiggling back and forth!  He hasn't been real hungry since he hasn't felt good and the tooth has only made it worse because he's scared to bite down.

I went to church on Sunday and the boys stayed home with Ryan since they were both still under the weather and guess what Ryan handed me when I walked in the door???? My baby's tooth!!! sniff, sniff!




His hands are over his eyes because I was blinding him with the flash!  Isn't he cute!

So Mason lost a tooth and then his horrible terrible mother (that'd be me) lost his tooth!  That same tooth that grew in his mouth on January 15, 2006 and resided there for the next five years that same tooth that he asked to write a note to the tooth fairy to ask to keep because it was his first tooth to lose - I lost THAT tooth.  Imagine telling a little precious boy with 103 degree fever and a heat rash to go along with said fever who also looks like he's been in a fight because his eyes are all sunk in and black and he hasn't eaten in three days that you lost his first tooth? Then imagine your husband, your comforter, telling you at the depth of your despair that if you were going to be so irresponsible that perhaps he should have kept up with the tooth? Uh huh, it was a FABULOUS night! But sweet little Mason told me that it was OK and he still loved me - after I promised that no matter what it took I would find it.  So if anyone is available to crawl around on my floors with me I'd appreciate it!

The all-knowing Tooth Fairy still visited and still left money even without the tooth though - perhaps she knows that it is here SOMEWHERE!

CONGRATULATIONS MASON!

2 comments:

The Whalen Family said...

I think he will probably be happy when he is older and his mom has one less of his teeth in a creepy box... congrats Mason!

The Doyals said...

I would offer to come crawl around and look for the tooth, but I have a doctor's excuse!!!