Thursday, March 25, 2010

AGONY! PURE AGONY!

That's right tonight I'm in agony . . . I can barely move . . .

Many of you know my brother and his wife own an Anytime Fitness near my house. They opened this time last year. This time last year I was super excited about going to the gym and working out!! My good friend Kelly and I had our workout schedule and one of the many blessings of the gym was that it gave us a time to re-connect! We were faithful every Sunday, Tuesday, & Thursday at 8:00 p.m. you could find us at the gym!

We both had vacations planned - me to Orange Beach, her to Las Vegas - so we needed to be cute in our swimsuits!! Josh got me on a work out plan. I started eating more chicken and turkey and salads and less candy and gulp . . . no Coke's.

**Which, as an aside, Coke and candy are my addiction, my vice. I allow myself one Coke per day and I literally fall asleep thinking about drinking a nice cold Coke. To put it in perspective, my sister volunteered to quit drinking Dr. Pepper in support of her paralegal who was giving up smoking . . . well my sister is back drinking Dr. Pepper but her paralegal has given up cigarettes! Seriously, we can't live without it!**

Anyway, Coke's are part of my problem - I don't want to quit! But last year I did - I got toned, I had muscles and by the time I paid $40 for a spray-on tan I was beach ready!!

And then I came home and I ate, ate, and ate and went to the gym on occasion to socialize and possibly walk on the treadmill!

Which brings me to now - its almost summertime and I look like someone's mother -- what's that you say? I am someone's mother?? Oh right, but I don't want to look like one!

So last night I hit the gym, sans Kelly because she had plans, and today I am moaning and groaning about long ago forgotten muscles that are now screaming for a hot bath but it felt good!! I was sweating and feeling the bulging belly get a teeny tiny bit smaller and it was fun!

Who cares if I only lasted 2:58 on the StairClimber compared to the girl before me who did about 15 minutes barely breaking a sweat??? I still put in time on the Elliptical and the Treadmill and lifted weights! I may be hiding my summer body in the mountains this year but at least I'll be able to make it up the mountain!!!

It is hard to be motivated to go to the gym late at night but its worth it when I feel good about myself and I know that I am taking care of myself and doing my part to protect my future health! And once we get rid of all the Easter candy around my house it may actually be possible to shed a few pounds!! I can't wait!

If you live in the Stonewall area you should join me at Anytime Fitness - its fun, its convenient, and its good for you!

~~~I should really end this blog post but then I will have to remove my body from this chair and well it hurts to much to do that!~~~

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Also, might I add, you're 30 now...everything hurts more when you're 30. haha!

Seriously, you're giving me motivation to start working out again. I stopped working out about a year ago after I completed the MS150 (180 mile bike ride). I thought I had earned a break. Maybe I did, but certainly not a year-long break!

Kelly Cobb said...

We are going to get back on schedule Mindy! We can do it, the first month back I think is the hardest. We'll just keep images of swimsuits in our heads and that will keep us going!

Lauren.........a 180 mile bike ride! Holy cow! Impressive lady.