Monday, March 22, 2010

Girls Weekend!

Still slacking on my pictures promise but I'll get there I swear!!



This weekend was my college girls weekend and we all converged late Friday night upon Benton, Louisiana! We had tons of fun catching up! Holly Doyal just started a new business, the Pink Popsicle, and so we put her to work monogramming and sewing appliques almost as soon as we arrived!



Saturday we woke up and headed to straight to Hobby Lobby to get more fabric and Easter crafts for baby Nolan's daycare class. I found the CUTEST cowboy fabric and Holly is going to make me pillowcase with red horseshoe trim mongrammed with Conner's name. Also some bandana fabric to make an applique tractor for both boys! She is still working on that so I'll show pictures when I get it back!



We were starved by then so we went to Monjuni's - all the out-of-towners missed their good food. Next stop Target to pick up some more clothes to monogram! Holly is going to busy!



A first for even the locals we went to the Cupcake Gallery and got some treats. Next to Pioneer Comfort Systems to catch some fellow Tech alum, Carrie with 3 Little Monkey's Boutique and Stacey, with La-Te-Da Designs, then off to Missy's new home in Old Oakes - so gorgeous!!

Finally we head back to Benton, where we immediately change back into our PJ's and put Holly to work!

We left Sunday morning in the SNOW even though when we arrived on Friday it was a beautiful 75 degree day!

I got home just in time because Mason was complaining of an ear ache and sure enough he was running 101 fever. He says he told Ryan that morning that his ear hurt but Ryan didn't hear him because he was still sleeping -- of course, my Mommy ears would have heard that cry for help so I'm sad I wasn't there to help him! Mason & I snuck in a quick nap before Conner woke up so I'm finally refreshed from my time away.

Love the girls and can't wait to see them again in September, but glad to be home!

No comments: