Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Party People!

Friday we kicked off a weekend full of fun! First up, I volunteered at Mason's class Easter party! We were also assigned that day for snacks so I got the cutest "cupcake pull-apart-cake." I thought it was really fun and the kids seemed to love it when I walked in!


Lisa, a friend I graduated with, has a child (Lily) in Mason's class, and we helped with a "What's Missing?" game table. It was lots of fun and Mason enjoyed me being there!

Here is Mason's at Mary Sue's mom's table playing a carrot fishing game!




Saturday we headed to Stonebridge to celebrate Paige's 3rd birthday! Sweet little Paige lives in south Louisiana so she had her party at her grandparents house! Aren't they sweet!! Paige's daddy is in Iraq with his National Guard unit so I'm sure Paige missed him on her special day. I am glad we were able to celebrate with her, Michael, her brother, and mom, Mary Lea, plus other friends as well!

Mason, Michael, Madison, Mary Ashtyn



Conner, Mason, & Michael



Conner playing outside



After Paige's party the boys & I went to see my sister at her new house. It was a little chaotic because they were wanting to jump on her couch and touch all of her new things and she isn't even moved in all the way yet so we didn't stay too long!
Finally after a long day we make the trek back to the country!
Sunday was my first day to teach my new Sunday School class!! I was very excited!! I ended up with 6 kids, ages 1 - 4, so I had my hands full! Since it was our first day together as a class I thought it would be fitting to talk about in the beginning when God created the world. Here are some of the kiddos drawing pictures of their favorite thing God made!

After church I went to Shreveport to look for Mason & Conner's Easter outfits for next week and then to a bridal shower for my boss's future daughter-in-law in Blanchard. Best wishes to Adam & Jessie!
Small world because at the shower I ran into a sorority sister from Tech, Meredith, and Lindsey, who I don't really know but we seem to always be at the same parties!
I headed back into Shreveport to go shoe shopping -- yea, yea!! I had a bunch of "birthday month coupons" to use and I ended up getting $25 off a pair of black sandals at DSW! Saw some more long lost friends at Target so in between shopping and catching up I got home really late and was very tired!
But it was great day and I'm glad we had such a fun weekend! Now we are on Spring Break and I can't wait to share all of our excitement!



2 comments:

The Whalen Family said...

I love that cake!!!

Lindsey said...

What a fun weekend! I love that cake!