Monday, March 22, 2010

The Kind of Day that Begins and End with a Bath!

This weekend I had a good time telling funny stories about my kids to my girlfriends! And today is definitely one of those good story tellin' days!

I am a big fan of footed sleepers for Conner, because my feet are always cold even under covers so I can only imagine that his are too. But a week or so ago it was a warm night so I let him sleep in a two piece pants & shirt PJ set. When I went to get him up to take Mason to school I realized from the waist down he was naked and covered in pee!! Sometime in the night he had thrown his pants out of the crib and taken off his diaper! I decided to stick with the footed PJs until we were out of this phase!

For nap on Sunday he was fully dressed (it was snowing) in a snapped onesie with pants and a pull-up - I went to check on him and he had taken off his pants, un-snapped his onesie and pulled his Pull-Up off and was hanging out in his crib!

So Sunday night I took extra care to zip him up and do the top button of his PJ's . . . so imagine my surprise on Monday morning when I went to get him and his was butt naked and soaked in pee!!

He went straight to the bathtub, which I felt bad for him because he was freezing and he wanted his Teddy, which went straight in the washer! I don't know how to keep him dressed in the night! Here's praying tonight will go better!

Mason was home today too since he'd been running fever so we just had a really low-key morning.

After Conner's nap, it warmed up so went outside and hid Easter eggs and played around!



Mason decided to drive his Jeep down to the creek to throw rocks! It was so pretty outside I couldn't resist!






Mason, Conner, Kitty, & Big Dog enjoying the beautiful sunshine!

After dinner, Ryan grabbed his rod and reel and headed down to the pond. Of course the boys wanted to go too so we all headed down there too. Ryan caught a fish with his first cast! Mason was so EXCITED!! I think we were making too much noise so I told the boys to follow me to the other side of the pond to look for frogs because Mason and I had found tons of frogs down there before.
I was like one-step behind lightning bolt Conner, but that was just far enough to let him get a head start for the water and . . . splash! Down he goes - his boots sunk in the mud and he fell over. That is still very dangerous but luckily the water was only a few inches deep and I was right there.
I hauled him right back to the house - soaking wet - and poured the water out of his rubber boots! Poor thing - cold again! He was covered in mud from head to toe so straight to bath he went!
I think for a little country boy, though, a day that begins and ends with baths means that you've had a really great day!!




4 comments:

The Whalen Family said...

That is outstanding! Nolan is going to beg to come stay with you and the boys!

Lauren said...

I love all of your stories! And I think it's awesome that your kiddos love to get dirty. You need to install some type of outdoor shower (with heated water) so you can spray them down before they come inside. ;)

Lil Cake Diva said...

So sweet!!!!!!! Poor baby!

Kelly Cobb said...

He's showing you how smart he is Mindy! Just keep thinking, it's just a phase, it's just a phase!