Saturday, March 6, 2010

SHAPES & COLORS PARTY!!

My little man, Conner, is turning two next Friday, and we celebrated today with a Shapes & Colors themed birthday party! It turned out super cute and Conner had lots of fun!

Each family was assigned a color to wear and everyone played along well! I pulled out my scrapbook stuff and found all my cirles, ovals, rectangles, squares, and triangles and made labels for all the food . . . square label for crackers, triangle for do-it-yourself PB&J, circle for Bagel Bites, etc. My sister-in-law, Erica, made some fabulous cakes that went along with our theme! And we decorated with balloons and multi-colored triangle flags and all our tableware was different colors - red square plates, yellow round plates, and so on.

We had a craft project to do make but the weather was so beautiful it was hard to get the kids inside so most took theirs homes instead. Of course, it was colors and shapes related, mulit-colored heart, flower, star, square, and diamond shaped foam frames where I framed a picture of each guest with foam stickers to decorate.

GETTING READY FOR FRIENDS TO COME OVER!
CAKES

MORE CAKE!


WE NEEDED BIG BROTHER'S HELP TO BLOW OUT OUR CANDLES!


YUMMY!


WE LOVE OUR FRIENDS!

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH - LET ME OUTTA HERE!


ME & UNCLE JOSHIE



OOH - PRESENTS!



WORN OUT!


My precious, Little, is getting big! We still call him "Baby" and "Little" more often than we say Conner so I am very sad he is getting so big! I asked Mason after the party who he had the most fun playing with and he said "Baby!" They are such good friends!! Ryan & I are so blessed to have such adorable and sweet boys!!

Thanks to all our friends and family for coming over and loving on our little one!







3 comments:

The Whalen Family said...

It looks like he had a blast! Very cute, Mindy!

Lauren said...

I'm super-impressed with your craftiness and creativity, Mindy! Oh, and related to your "twin" post the other day, that picture with Conner blowing the candles out...I saw Amy holding Mason and thought it was you...

Hope you had a super 30th birthday yesterday! See you soon!!

Kelly Cobb said...

So cute! Looks like you did a great job. Sad I missed it, but glad Natalie got to go. She and Taylor had fun making their frames :)