Sunday, April 25, 2010

Serene Sunday

Our Sunday started off hectic, which is the norm for us - always late to church! These past two Sunday's have been no exception, especially since we've expanded our Sunday School program and now we have to be there 30 minutes earlier! I tried to get a cute picture of the boys in their matching shorts but no one was in the mood for that! All I succeeded in getting was their backs as they argued over who could drink water out of the sink! (and no I don't keep my counter that messy - they do! They drag all my stuff out every day!).

I bought them matching outfits last year - Mason with those same plaid shorts and a yellow shirt and Conner witht the plaid in short overalls. Mason's shorts still fit this year and I got lucky and found they same shorts in a 2T for Conner at Reruns are Fun! Then I found the same shirt in orange and a larger size for Mason there too, so they sort of coordinate!

Just as church was starting I got called out and told that Conner was feeling feverish so we left before it started. Ryan & Mason left to go to Wal-Mart and Sam's and Conner & I headed to home. After everyone was home we decided to head to my parents to join the family in the garden - well Conner and I didn't but we were there anyway!

Here is the boss man, Blake. Blake is a farmer - he grows wheat, soybeans, and corn in Caddo & Red River Parishes so he is the man in charge. I guess it was his break time!


The boss man's wife hard at work!


Ryan, Josh, & Erica planting away!


This is my attempt at getting Conner to stand still by the fence so I could take his picture before I crawled through with him. He showed me what was what when he just ducked under himself!


Dad showing Conner a baby turkey



Mom, Dad, & Mason getting ready for a ride


For all you safety fanatics out there - they rode over to another 4-wheeler so that Mom could ride by herself so no not all three of them went riding on the same one!
Next weekend our church is having their annual picnic & fishing at my parent's property so they were going to put out ant poison. Conner was very upset at being left behind so I took him on a wagon ride in the pasture. It turned out to be the best part of the day!
First he had to dump some water out of his Excavator!
Conner wanted me to pull him to his Mimee & Papa so we headed down the gravel drive and through the pasture. I couldn't help stopping to take pictures of the beautiful scenery! It was a very nostalgic day. Even though I was raised on a dairy farm, I've never driven a tractor or milked a cow, but I loved walking the land every day. Its been way too long since I've done that and I felt very "Laura Ingalls-ish" walking down the paths I walked as girl wearing my Sunday skirt and pulling my baby in his red wagon!
Horse roaming the front pasture

I think the horses thought we had feed because
they started getting excited and running toward us!


Have you ever seen a pond with it's own mailbox??
It's a long story!
But what a pretty picture!

Tree I used to play under as a girl - my parents house is behind it to the right

We finally caught up with them and Mimee felt brave enough to give Conner a ride home

Windmill and pretty blue skies


The day was fabulous and ended even better because Blake & Josh stayed up late on Friday and peeled all the uneaten crawfish and Dad made fresh homemade crawfish etoufee for Sunday lunch. We missed lunch since Conner was napping but Mom sent us home with big bowl of etoufee, rice, and French bread - yummy!






2 comments:

The Doyals said...

LOVE it! Great pics Mindy- especially the windmill one! Your boys are lucky to get to grow up in such a neat place!

Lauren said...

How fun! I definitely miss the beautiful sights and sounds (or rather, quiet) of a spring country day. Glad you were able to soak it all in and enjoy it!