Friday, April 30, 2010

Girl's Night Out!


My best girls from forever and I were supposed to go to Canton today but between us 3 we have eight kids and it was proving hard to get everyone coordinated! We are aiming for next month to go to Canton! Instead we planned for a girl's night out, which none of us had done in a LONG time!

Before we got started I had a few errands . . . the kids and I headed to Shreveport early this afternoon to drop of bags of clothes, that had been taking up all the space in my car, at Goodwill. Then to McDonald's for milkshakes and finally to Academy to meet Ryan. Tomorrow, weather permitting, Ryan & Mason are going fishing. Mason needed a new rod . . . and apparently Conner needed new shoes (even though he already has two pair of Mason's old sandals!) and Ryan needed a new rod too (hmm? I think I've been suckered!).

Mason and I are off to Dallas on Sunday to visit my friend Holly so I went to get my oil changed. The tech called me out to show me all the things he recommended for my car and I declined them all and went back inside to read about the Kardashian sister's diet plans! He called me back out a second time and this time every employee was crowded around my car and I'm thinking "Oh No! They must have found something bad wrong!" because I have the worst luck with cars! He wanted to show me that apparently some type of rodent has been hoarding food in my car because my whole air filter compartment was loaded down with dog food! How bizarre!

Anyway, off to Lifeway for Sunday School material, TJ Maxx, and Target before meeeting with the girls!

First stop Hollywood Nails for pedicures!!!


Kelly, Elise, & Me

(my legs are wrapped in warm towels, they aren't broke!)



Next we headed to Madison Park El Chico's for some yummy Mexican food! We got free queso by mentioning their Facebook page! Kelly, Elise, & I have probably spent thousands of dollars at El Chico's over the years! That was our fave place to eat in high school - old school El Chico's in South Park Mall back when it was a mall and not a church!

We visited for hours - our waiter left before we did - and it was great to catch up! Elise just had a baby in February so she's had her hands full lately!

Before they locked us in we headed out. I made Kelly go to Brookshire's with me because I still had some last minute stuff to get for our picnic tomorrow (pray for no rain!). We took a picture of our toes in the parking lot - sorry Elise we forgot to get yours!!!




Had a great time with my friends and can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay for girl time! That's awesome that you 3 were able to carve some time out to catch up.

Kelly Cobb said...

I had a great time too! Already ready to do it again :) Canton here we come!!!!!