Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break Fun!

We have had a wonderful Spring Break! Sometimes a little crazy, sometimes a little chaotic, but despite it all its always fun being together! I am so tired that I uploaded my pictures in the wrong order and don't feel like changing them so here is our fun and fantastic spring break rewind edition!

Day 10 - Monday
Today we planned a low key day of just hanging around since tomorrow school starts back. This afternoon Mason started back to swim lessons at the Swim School in Shreveport. Last year he underwent a complete swimming transformation from terrified to terrific! I was a little nervous because he DID NOT want to go today but by the time we got there he was a little anxious but he ended up doing GREAT! I am so proud of him! The smile says it all - he's having fun!


Day 9 - Easter Sunday

the family at my mom's

country boys (notice the biscuit in Conner's hand!)

i wonder who has more???

thanks Easter Bunny!

Conner couldn't be bothered by his basket before breakfast!
Easter was great! We woke up and looked at the prizes the Easter Bunny left and then had a mini hunt before church! Conner knew exactly what to do and was so much fun this year! Mason was being a great big brother because everytime he saw 2 eggs he would make sure to leave the second one for "Baby." It was just really fun!
After church we headed to my mom's house for jambalaya and etoufee' - yummy! Then Mason hunted more eggs while Conner took a little Easter nap!
Mason & I headed to the movies for a little Mommy & Mason time. We saw How to Train a Dragon in 3D. He sat so still that I was scared he didn't like it but he said it was good!
Day 8 - Saturday
Our cousin's, Jack & Sam, were having a joint Monster Truck Party today! Conner woke up with 103 fever that morning so he couldn't come but Mason had fun playing with Jack, Sam, Michael, & Dansby - his cousins - and getting lassoed by his Uncle Charles!
Enjoying a cool treat on a spring day!

Day 7 - Friday
Ryan and his cousin, Patrick, went on a Good Friday 4-wheeler ride. So the boys and I had Patrick's wife, Meredith, and their little boy, JP, over for a playdate! They had fun playing basketball and running around outside. They all play really well together!

I told Conner to sit by the boys and this was as close as he'd get!

Day 6 - Thursday
Nothing real exciting about today because I had to work! Mason & Ryan went to a hockey game and the Mudbugs swept Colorado in the first round of the playoffs! Mason was very curious as to why everyone brought brooms to the game!
Day 5 - Wednesday
Today we met my friends Elise & Holly and their kids, Mary Ashtyn, Stinson, and Bailey at the park! It was great fun! I know Elise and Holly separately and they now live close together so its been fun getting to hang out with both of them together!

Conner feeding the ducks!

Holly & Bailey

Mason

Elise (holding Stinson), Mason & Mary Ashtyn

Me and my beautiful boys!
Loving my new haircut too!! And notice my super cute new "Chosen" shirt!
Supporting my friend, Lauren, in her adoption of her baby from Ethopia!
Check out the Team Huss blog (see sidebar) for your shirt!

Here's trouble!
Mary Ashtyn, Conner, Mason



We enjoyed a picnic lunch, fed the ducks, and did lots of playing! Looking forward to many more playdates! And as a funny Conner story, yes, he did walk around with hard bread for the ducks and yes, he did eat it!
Tuesday - Day 4
Again it was a work day so not much to report!!
Monday - Day 3
We hung around the house today! Mason was "bored" playing outside so I told him about my favorite pre-school game . . . building dams! At Central, there was a big ditch on the playground and I can remember all my classmates and I finding sticks and rocks and grass and "damming" the ditch. So Mason & I gathered our supplies and camped out by a puddle on the levee of our pond and spent about 2 hours in the nice sunshine working on our engineering skills! It was a great day!
Later after Conner woke up we headed to Wal-Mart for groceries and then I had a meeting to prepare for the Crusade at our church - hope to see Thursday!!
I've already covered days 1 & 2 in my Party People post!! Overall we had a great time! I am tired and the boys are tired but it was fun!
My house is a wreck so I'm sure this week will be spent cleaning! I am guessing not many people can say that tonight while packing lunches they tripped over a deer antler that they had earlier wrestled from their dog in hopes that would make their kids come inside and now its resting on their kitchen floor but that about sums up our day!!













1 comment:

Lauren said...

I absolutely LOVE your hair, Mindy! Good for you for "going for it"! Oh, and thanks for the plug about the t-shirts. Yours looks great on you!