Saturday, September 25, 2010

Under the Big Top!

Ryan's grandfather was a Shriner and he has fond memories of the El Karubah Shrine Circus and has always wanted us to go to the circus and today we FINALLY went! Ryan got to tell the boys how he used to ride in the little Shriner's cars with his grandpa.  I do believe my biggest boy was more excited than my two little ones!!

While we were getting ready, the boys were playing upstairs and Mason called down that I would want to get my camera and come take their picture and when I yelled back up "of what?" he responded of them being sweet . . . thankfully I grabbed the camera and this is what I found all snuggled up in Conner's closet . . .


The boys during intermission, which lasted extremely too long!! And poor Conner's chair wouldn't stay down unless I had my foot/hand/knee on it, which is why he looks a little compact in this picture!

They each got to get two things - Mason picked cotton candy and a sno-cone in a light up cup and Conner picked a Coke and a sword.  Here is Mason, filled with regret, over his decision! (Loving the shirts Holly made!) 


Me and the sweet boys!


Overall, the circus was really fun! Long but fun! 

We headed to Chick-fil-a afterward along with the rest of Shreveport and I was the only parent in the playroom with about 18 kids - seriously parents, SIT WITH YOUR KIDS IN THE PLAYROOM!!! Your kids may be the nicest most well behaved kids on the block but 20 kids in that small room is just a recipe for disaster!  So if you have a little girl with brown pigtails and she mentions a strange lady air-kissing a bump on her because some randon little boy kicked her in the head you can go ahead and thank me for that since you were busy eating/talking!

2 comments:

The Doyals said...

You know I would have been in that playroom with you Mindy!!! We're going to the circus tonight- glad y'all had fun!

Lauren said...

I had to laugh at the pic of Conner looking a bit "compact." Too funny!