Friday, August 12, 2011

Operation Christmas Child, Part 2

I've decided to do a weekly installment for Operation Christmas Child so here is where I found the deals this week (remember, last week was Mansfield WalMart!).  If you are doing some shopping leave a comment on where you are finding some great stuff!

Hobby Lobby was the place to be on Wednesday - all of their summer stuff is on clearance!  I got inflatable beach balls (these are great because you can send a ball but it won't take up much space in the shoebox) @ $0.68, wooden dolls with markers @ $0.68, foam vehicles that you construct @ $0.68, wind-up cars & butterflies @ $0.68, suncatchers with paint @ $0.50!  So please don't tell me that you can't afford to send a shoebox!


Next I went to Target.  I thought the Phinneas & Ferb activity packs for $1 was a deal because they have 50 pages of activities, markers, and a sheet of stickers.  Plus I found these soft, squishy frogs for $0.84!  I even got the opportunity to talk to the cashier about what I was doing and why and that made me happy!


Since I was in the area I also went to the Dollar Tree - I am spoiled now that I have found all of these good deals because I think $1 is a little much!  However I did like the puzzles in the tin cases.  They had 2 puzzles in paper boxes for $1 which is a better deal for the money but I like that the boy or girl will have a special shiny case for their puzzle or other valuables.  I also got a package of flashcards and dinosaurs, chapstick, one doll, and five sets of stickers - all for $1 each.


Overall it was great shopping day for the "least of these!"

No comments: