Thursday, August 4, 2011

FIRST GRADE . . . HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??

Somehow, unbeknownst to me, I have a little boy who is 6 and who started FIRST GRADE yesterday! 

Sunday we were able to go to an Open House and check out his two classrooms - he switches classes this year! He really liked them both and was excited . . . maybe not excited but not dreading it . . . to go yesterday morning.  Our morning went relatively smoothly.  He knows a few kids in his class from PreK and there is one friend from Kindergarten & Church.  His BFF is in another class so we were sad about that.

When we arrived he found a friend to sit with and all was well & calm! What a big boy!

Small town story - my Mom ran into his teacher at the gift shop in town and it turns out we are cousins! Her grandmother and my grandmother are sisters - so our mom's are first cousins! My mom knew her but never connected the name together! We are so excited! She is fabulous - she called me last night to let me know how he did and I appreciated that so much!

We ended our first day with our annual first day of school tradition - drinks and snacks from Gregg's! Then we went to my parent's house to hang out with Baby Faith, ReRe & Blake, and Mimee & Papa and to go swimming! It was a great day!

My first grader


backpack on and ready to go!


Conner was NOT happy to be up at 7:00 a.m. but he posed with his big brother anyway!
They have had such fun together this summer and I know they will miss each other!


Here he is on his first day of Kindergarten and PreK! I LOVE YOU MASON!

No comments: