Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Busy Weekend of Fun

Of course, my Internet chose one of the busiest weeks of fall to go out! So I've been out of commission until I could get a technician w-a-y out here!  The weekend of the 15th we had a very busy Saturday! I kicked things off with Conner and the 3rd Annual Stonewall Long Haul 5k which benefited Circle of Hope this year!  All the Special Olympians did a great job - much better than me because I was late an did not run or walk anywhere! I did however partake in some of the Down Home Sausage and it was yummy!

Here are some actual athletes -- plus Conner!!


Conner & his precious most beloved Mimee who he loves more than ANYBODY (including me) in the whole world! At this moment he is steadily saying "my go with Mimee!"


Our next stop was the soccer fields for Mason's first ever soccer game! Mason was extremely anxious about this game and HE DID GREAT!!  He either scored one or two goals - Ryan & I say two but he said he only scored one. We are still undecided!! His coach is awesome and really helped boost his confidence by picking him up and swinging him around after his first goal!  He loves soccer now!!

Thanks to ReRe for coming out to watch Mason and bringing Conner to the game for me!

Practicing 

and he scores!


water break


going for the ball

HOORAY MASON!

After soccer Ryan took the boys to Chick-fil-a and I headed to Benton to help host a sip-n-see for Holly and sweet baby Max! I went into a slight panic attack because the other hostess, Elise, had three kids with the stomach flu and couldn't make it at the last minute.  Thankfully she had done much prep work beforehand and Holly's sweet mom and grandma came to my rescue as well!

The sip-n-see was fun!! Max never made a peep and was just so darn cute!!

Thanks also to Holly's mother-in-law and her mom (David's grandma) for helping me clean up!! And to Elise for leaving her sick kids to come vacuum!

Here is the precious one!


Elise got a super cute idea from a friend about having a coke float instead of punch and it was a hit!
We had water, coke float, and strawberry lemonade and all the grandma's loved the coke float - refilling their glasses a lot! So there's an idea for your next shower or sip-n-see or birthday party!

The foam looked sort of dirty but no one seemed to mind!


A busy but fun Saturday! If you're wondering I went to bed at 8:30 that night!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm so pumped that Mason enjoyed his first game--that's awesome! And now I'm salivating at the thought of a coke float (and I don't even drink soda!)--great idea!