Monday, October 3, 2011

Operation Christmas Child, Part 5: Praise Report

If you have been keeping up with my Operation Christmas Child series then you know 100 shoeboxes was the goal for my church in it's first year of collecting gifts for OCC.  One of my concerns was the possibility of having 100 shoeboxes but not having the $700 for shipping and you know what??

WE HAVE $700 FOR SHIPPING!!!!

Know what else? We also have $100 to purchase 100 plastic shoeboxes that will be more durable for the children to keep their belongings!  You may ask if I still need your cardboard shoeboxes and the answer is YES -- I'm going to set my sights high and hope for more than enough stuff to fill the plastic shoeboxes!  And if that doesn't happen my mind is already geared for OCC 2012 and the church can store the extra boxes!

I also just got word that a local dentist office (Mrs. Dottie - could you comment and leave the name of the office?) has donated 150 TOOTHBRUSHES!!

Wow - isn't God good right here in small town Louisiana??

But with 150 toothbrushes and $700 for shipping and $100 for boxes we need STUFF to put in the boxes - like toothpaste, toys, colors, balls, slinky's, etch a sketch, dolls, etc!

Get to shopping and I'll see you on 11/5/11 for a fun morning of packing a shoebox that could lead to HOPE for a child in a hopeless world!

No comments: