Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Joy of Giving

Last Friday I was on the prowl for Operation Christmas Child supplies! A sweet friend, Lindsey, called and had some bags for me to pick up. I was very excited about that!  Especially because she is collecting items for the local charity that she helps out with, The Learning Center, but yet she took time to shop for the other kiddos of this world!  She mentioned receiving an abundance of donations for TLC because people she knew were looking to support a local charity.

From reading some of the comments on the OCC Facebook page  I can tell that lots of people are passionate about the kids in America who go without so if you are one of those people then you should link up with Lindsey and I'm sure she'd appreciate your help!

I'm so grateful for the outpouring of support for OCC! I'm actually trying to decide where and how to spend all the money! I never expected to have more than I know what to do with!

In related news, I have been on the prowl for a lost cowboy boot for about two weeks and today I was getting serious about tearing my house apart to find it.  My mom mentioned looking in the OCC donations to see if I carried in one of those boxes and it got misplaced.  I headed upstairs this morning to look (it wasn't there) and I ventured over to the "shoe section" and I straightened them all out and was just in awe of my riches (in comparision to the rest of the world).  I am on a mission to find one shoe when Conner has about 5 pair of shoes so even without this one shoe he is not going barefoot.  I began to pray over those shoes and the little feet that one day will go in them and for that little heart to know how much God loves them! I am humbled by all He has blessed me with and in awe of what He will do with the 10 tiny shoes upstairs in my gameroom!  All the kids in America and abroad need to know is that God loves them and that can totally change their world!

The joy of giving - it's contagious!! Try it out!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love your heart, friend! And your boldness to share God's love with so many!

Lindsey said...

Glad to help! You are doing a great job organizing OCC!