Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Date Night with the Hubs

Ryan and I had a very rare Monday night date!  My parents, who are super fabulous, took the boys camping for a few days.  The boys are on Fall Break and I have BIG deadlines for school so it worked out perfectly!

I laughed yesterday when my mom called to check in because after I heard her say "hi" then I heard . . . "Jay, watch him with that knife!!"  Conner has a great love affair with butter and apparently he found a knife in which to eat it with . . . which beats what he did Friday night - lick butter out of the tub until it was smeared all over his face.  So while I miss my babies it is a nice and welcome break! THANKS MOM & DAD!!

So Monday I told Ryan to be prepared to me to Longhorn Steakhouse when he got off work and away we went! We don't eat there often but I really like it and I like it even more because my dad's picture is hanging in the restaurant!  My dad takes his mom to eat lunch there every Wednesday afternoon and if you've ever been there you know most of the decor is Western/mountains/cowboy-ish and last year when my dad was going on his annual elk hunting trip to Colorado the manager told him to bring back a picture. Now next time you go to Longhorn in Shreveport . . . stand with your back to the hostess station and on the left front wall you'll see a ruggedly handsome man riding horseback down a CO mountain with a hat casting shadows on his face and THAT'S MY DAD!! It's a really big picture so you can't miss it!

But moving on - we had a great dinner and we didn't have to yell at anyone about butter or sugar packets or anything!!  Since our kids are never far from our thoughts we ended the night at Sam's to replace the trampoline that got destroyed in the April tornado.  They have been begging us to get a new one but its really been too hot to jump so this will be their big Halloween surprise when they get home this week!

A fun night!! Now I must stop procrastinating about this homework!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yay for date nights! Praying for your deadlines for school...