Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kindergarten Here We Come!!

Today is Mason's first day of KINDERGARTEN!!!!!!!!! Agh, where did time go???

Last night was back to school night and we went together to check out his room and get him acquainted with his surroundings before this morning.

This morning he requested Monkey Bread for breakfast (healthy I know) so I woke up early to get it ready. Last school year I usually woke up late which meant I got him up late and then he would move at turtle speed and I'd get frustrated and then we'd be late to school but this year we are determined to make some changes! For starters, instead of breakfast in bed he is going to eat at the table or on the couch dependent on the messiness of the meal. And instead of eating in the cover of darkness we will try to get Conner & me moving around in order for it to feel like time to get moving! We also don't have as far to walk to his class this year so that will work in our favor too!

We are also in the works of setting up a homework station equipped with sharpened pencils (pencils that actually had lead sharp enough to write with was a BIG problem last year!) and paper and scissors and whatever else he'll need we'll be at his fingertips (and away from Conner's).

It's going to be a great year!

I was very sad about pre-k and I am sad about Kindergarten too but I am more proud of how Mason has handled these big adjustments and how sweet his spirit his to offer comforting words to me and Conner and focus less on himself. He is just AWESOME!

Getting ready to leave . . .

Conner wants to go too . . . .

At school and all smiles!


Not all of his class came today but he did have two little boys that he knew there this morning and that made both of us feel better! The only tears were from Conner as I carried him screaming "My EE, My School, My EE, My School" to the car. He got a big hug and kiss from Mason too.
WE LOVE YOU MASON AND WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH TODAY!


No comments: