Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Adventures in Babysitting, Day 2

Jack & Sam joined us again today and we were so excited to have more good times! After a little bit of playtime, I called Holly (check out her blog today for a cool craft) and gave her my list of supplies - paint, glue, macaroni, yarn, markers - for her help in creating a project.

We improvised a little from one of her ideas because she's way more crafty and cute than me! Anyway, we stapled two dessert plates together with elbow macaroni in the middle. Then covered the table with a leftover tablecloth and brought out the paints. The boys each got to paint their handmade tambourine.




After our project we proceeded to play some more! During Conner's nap the boys watch Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinousaurs. The boys and I rented it yesterday as our first Red Box rental! I think that will become a weekly grocery store ritual.
During the movie I made Funfetti cupcakes and used them as bribes to get the boys to clean up! It was a super fun day, even though my boys are coming down with a bit of a cold.
Can't wait for more fun play days!

1 comment: