Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 6: Horsing Around

Day 6 was the big horseback ride. The gang was riding up to where my dad goes hunting in September and the name of one of the trails was "Bust Your Butt" so it was probably a good thing I let Ryan go and I stayed home with the kids! My parents didn't go either because they were going to pick up our car.

My dad and Mason rode to the start of the trail and then Ryan switched places with them.

Here are my mountain men getting ready for the ride at the unloading zone.

The riders minus Ryan.


While the gang was riding off into the wild west and Conner was napping, Mason & I decided to dip our toes in the icey cold river. He loved it!!!


Everything in Colorado was so dry & dusty. Conner was like the kid on Charlie Brown that always had dirt around him. He drank it, he ate it, he put it in his pockets. His nickname on the trip was "Poor Little Homeless Boy." But as you can see the dirt didn't bother him! This is what he looked like all day!

The riders came back around 3 hours after we had expected them and were so sore Josh & Erica barely got out of their truck! They saw some beautiful county and even a moose. BTW, on day 3 we saw a HUGE BEAR!! It was running down the highway and then up the mountain - it was really neat!

No comments: