Thursday, July 29, 2010

Perfect Day!

Ever have one of those days where everything seems to go RIGHT? Very rarely do we have those but yesterday was one!

Both kids woke up happy and feeling better from the day before and both had slept all night where they belonged! We had a good breakfast together and then played and did laundry.

My mom came over and watched boys for a while so I could finally get everything out of the camper and get it cleaned up. Then me, her, and Mason played Hullabaloo.

Mason & I had lunch and got ready to go into Shreveport for speech with Conner. After that we went to get ice cream. The boys sat still and ate their ice cream and even picked up their own trash without being asked to and cleaned up our table! Mason held the door open for me and we left.

Off to Blockbuster to get movies! Conner loves to knock all the movies off the shelf so normally picking out movies is a two-parent event but I was feeling brave and he did great! He found a Thomas the Train movie that he wanted so he held on to it and nothing else!

Mason wanted to watch Jaws, which I had told him about when reading his book, Sharks, Whales, & Dolphins. We found it! And its only rated PG - who knew? (tried to watch it today and it's so scratched we couldn't so maybe we'll buy it?)

We also picked up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spiderman cartoons, and the Swiss Family Robinson. I had to persuade Mason on that one and now that we've watched it - he LOVES it! I totally recommend it for any little boy (or girl) who likes pirates and wild animals. There were no boring parts in it and it's rated G so nothing to worry with either. Mason asked to watch it twice!

But back to Wednesday -- after movies we came home. Mason kindly told Conner to watch his movie first and then in the middle of Thomas the Train Conner brought me Spiderman and said "EE (Mason) movie." What sweet little boys!

Anyway it was just an all around great day! My babies are FANTASTIC and I just love them!

1 comment:

The Whalen Family said...

Sounds like such a fun day!