Saturday, July 31, 2010

Just Perfect . . .

Remember the other day when I was bragging about how great my kids were? And remember the disclaimer about how that was rare to have a 100% perfect day? Case in point . . . we all went into town this evening to get Ryan some new work clothes and eat dinner. When we get home, Ryan decided to go fishing so I was alone with the boys to do bath & bed.

When it was time for the boys to get out of the bathtub, I excused myself real quick to set something down so it wouldn't get wet and when I turned around there is Conner dripping wet on my carpet.

I promptly bring him back to the bathroom to get dried off and I notice his nose is a still a little crusty so after brushing his teeth I start warming up some water to wipe his nose off. Conner notices what I am doing so he takes off running, chase ensues. I finally catch him in the living room and proceed to clean up his face and then I begin to think that I must not have wrung my rag out good because water is splashing my feet . . . um, Conner is peeing on my feet!! I carry him back to the bathroom all the while he is shaking his feet in the air! I put him in the bathtub and dip my feet in - Mason asks what happened and I tell him and then he confesses that he just accidently peed in the bathtub because he didn't feel like getting up; so there we are cleaning off in pee water!

I leave them both in the bathtub to go clean up the hallway and when I come back they have both gotten themselves out of the tub and are getting towels to dry off with - nevermind the puddles they are leaving in their wake. Then I hear the "uh-oh," Mason has tried to wrap his towel around him and accidently draped part of it in the toilet, which he didn't flush before bath, and then slung more water on the floor!

Seriously, I think I must have sighed about 100 times. I have a serious sighing problem - I'm trying to quit and be a little happier!

Thirty minutes later, everyone and everything is clean - again - and finally the kids are put to bed!

Parenthood - gotta love it!

And btw, my kids are still wonderful and perfect - just glad tonight is over with!

No comments: