Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bowlin', Slidin', & Swimmin'

I've still been recuperating from vacation and I haven't been a very fun Mommy this past week so when we got invited to three birthday parties this weekend I decided we'd do them all! I didn't even change my mind when Ryan had to work that day!

We left the house around noon to drive to Holiday Lanes in Bossier City for Michael's 5th birthday party! Michael is the boys' third cousin and about to be a big brother for the second time! Yea Michael! Baby Sister is coming close to his birthday in August so his party got moved up a little! The boys had a great time bowling! Mason bowled at my birthday party but this was a first for Conner. They shared a lane with another cousin, Jack (no relation to Michael - we've just got a lot of cousins!) and friends, Tucker & Allison! It was a great party! (Loaned my memory card to my SIL to download vacation pictures so no pictures sorry!)

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!
Now off to Shreveport for J.P.'s 3rd birthday - Super Hero Style! J.P. is also about to have a little sister in November! Lots of new little girls coming our way!
Mason was a pro on the waterslide. Jumpin' and slidin' like nobody's business! Conner alternated between the slide and J.P.'s Power Wheels. The boys play good together and always have a great time! J.P. is the boys' second cousin - I love a good cousins picture! Enjoying some cake! Regretfully, we had to leave J.P.'s early to head to Stonewall, but we had a FANTASTIC time!
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY J.P.!


Around 6 o'clock Conner finally dozed off for some much needed rest and Ryan was finally off work so he took Conner and Mason and I headed to Dixie Swim Club for Nora Jo's 2nd birthday party!

I used to swim here when I was the boys age and it brings back lots of memories. I learned how to swim at Dixie! I went to high school with lots of the guests and they all made sure to give me a hard time about being two hours late but it was all in good fun.

Dana & Lisa kept an eye on Mason while I changed clothes and when I came out he was jumping off a diving board for the first time and sliding like it wasn't anything. I am so proud of him!

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY NORA JO!
(sorry we were so late to your party!)



Seven and a half hours after our marathon party day began we made it home! It was a wonderful day! The boys behaved and listened and had fun and when all those things happen I have fun too!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm tired just reading this blog post! I can't imagine how tired you must have been! You're a great (and crazy) mommy!