Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rants & Raves

Forgive the editorial content of my blog post but I'm so irritated!

Mason is getting big and Kindergarten is just around the corner! His old back pack ripped a little last year and we've been on the hunt for a new one. I got an L.L. Bean catalog in the mail when we got home from vacation and we found the cutest back pack and matching lunch box!! I got the OK from Mason to order it and we (ok, me) have been anxiously awaiting its arrival.

When I went to bed last night and all the things I didn't get done whirled through my head I remembered that I should have received my package. I was home the majority of the day and no one ever knocked but just in case I went to the front porch to check for a package at the normal place they leave them and nope, nothing there.

I went online to track the package and what do you know but it had been delivered and signed for at 12:45 p.m. by "Camball." I called L.L. Bean because the tracking had been on there website and a real live person answered the phone on the third ring. Not a recording tell me to press a button for Spanish or please hold for the next available assistant but an actual real live person ready to help me! Imagine that!! She was very friendly and promised to get to the bottom of my AWOL package and if it wasn't found they would send me a new one in time for school. Three cheers for L.L. Bean!

After I thought my mom would be awake I called her to see if by chance she had received my package by accident and the answer was no.

A little background on me and UPS . . . we normally don't receive our packages out here until around suppertime and I'm assuming that we are their last stop or close to it on any given day. Occasionally when my phone number is listed with my delivery the man/woman will call me and ask if she can leave my package at my mom's or at the neighborhood store or can I meet her at the end of my driveway and although this is very ANNOYING if I don't have anything going on I will meet them because I am a nice person. But when I ordered Mason's birthday party favors I got a voicemail saying that the driver was late to her nephew's ring ceremony and she was leaving my package (valued at over $100) at the neighborhood convenience store. I got the message about an hour later and was furious. She just did it without my permission or anything, not knowing if I was out of town, car broke down, sick, etc. I drove on a Friday night in the rain to the store to pick up my package. I really really wanted to call and complain but I didn't because I didn't want anymore packages left all over town if they got mad at me.

Back to today . . . around 1:00 p.m. (24 hours after package was "delivered") my mom called to say my package was literally hanging out of my mailbox . . . and the fact that my mailbox is not at my driveway is a whole other rant. I drove to get it and at least a foot of the package is out of my mailbox and I have other mail in their too. I am MAD!

I finally broke down and called UPS customer service today and told them that I pay just as much money for my packages as anyone else and I want them brought to my door! I do not want to have to drive 2 miles or 8 miles to go pick them up myself, especially if I don't have any idea where they are!

A manager is supposed to call me on Monday before 10 so I will keep you posted! ha . . . it's so irritating!

I called L.L. Bean to let them know I had found the package and they could stop looking for it and again their customer service was exception so HOORAY for L.L. Bean and BOO for UPS!

But on a positive note the back pack is great and Mason loves it!!

1 comment:

Kelly Cobb said...

Ha ha, this is so crazy. I still can't believe your mailbox isn't at your driveway. But I can't help but wonder how safe it would be for a UPS truck to drive across your "bridge" in your driveway! You may want to think that one through a little more lol.