Friday, June 25, 2010

Cooking with Conner


While cleaning out my desk at work, I found a recipe I had printed out in August of 2009 for Cinnamon Ripple Muffins. I figured today was the perfect day to make them. I set out all my ingredients, bowls, and utensiles last night and I planned on getting up early this morning to have them ready before the boys woke up.


Conner must have known I had plans to do something before he woke up because he woke me up at 6:55 a.m.! Therefore, Conner & I got to cook together! Conner is very mischieveous and we rarely cook together but he did wonderful this morning and even learned a new word - whisk, as I let him whisk the dry ingredients together.


He ran away everytime I pulled out the electric mixer and yelled HOT!


The muffins were good - maybe a 6 on a scale of 1 - 10. They may have been better if I would have noticed that the recipe called for buttermilk and not regular milk and had my regular milk not have expired yesterday (I used it anyway)!


It was fun though!

2 comments:

Jennifer Brummett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Brummett said...

Didn't you know that milk is good way past the written expiration day. And you say you're a country girl. Glad you and Connor got some bonding time.