Thursday, June 17, 2010

Downhome Sunday

My sister really stepped up the Sunday lunch last week by having roast with potatoes and carrots, corn on the cob, squash, and green beans from our garden and/or Blake's farm. I felt I needed to use some of our homegrown veggies for lunch at my house this week! I felt a little like a 1950's homemaker on Thursday as I spent an hour snipping green beans and chopping vegetables for my Zucchini Relish. We had Crawfish & Cheese Manicotti, San Antonio Squash Casserole, Fabulous Green Beans, and Zucchini Relish. The relish got surprisingly good reviews!

I was honored to have my family and my friends, Holly, Jonathan, and Nolan over for lunch as well. After lunch Mason & I along with the Whalen's headed to Hillcrest Blueberry Farm in Gloster to pick fresh blueberries. We had a great time and got a bucket of blueberries for only $4!







Check out more fun blueberry pics here!

No comments: